Welcome to the Manara Academy. This is my website. I will post pictures, our daily schedule, expedition news, and announcements here.
If you have any questions, please email me at leckroat@manaraacademy.org

Monday, February 16, 2015

RAIN ....


 A fun BIG BOOK that I usually read in the Spring with the children is RAIN, by Robert Kalan. But, since we are studying water and the water cycle, I thought I would introduce it a bit early this year. It's a cute book that most children can read because of the picture clues ... it is also a GREAT book to use to teach writing. The book also helps with directional words, top, bottom, left, right, landscape, portrait .... and the project is TOUGHER than it may look. We worked on a few drafts ... and turning the paper to portrait and adding the words RAIN to look like RAIN is something that doesn't seem natural .... but we plowed through it and I think the drawings and writings came out FANTASTIC!!!!!  So here are our Final Drafts of our
RAIN on the __________ pages. This project focuses on creative writing / sentence writing, art and math concepts!



Pages from the book RAIN look like this ....
 




 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment