Welcome to the Manara Academy. This is my website. I will post pictures, our daily schedule, expedition news, and announcements here.
If you have any questions, please email me at leckroat@manaraacademy.org

Sunday, August 23, 2015

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!

In June, I'm always very sad to see my class graduate and move on to Grade 1 ... but in August, I'm SUPER EXCITED to meet my new children that will go on the Kindergarten Journey with me and their new friends! Your children will be learning a LOT of things in Kindergarten ... some of my favorites are learning to read, writing sentences in their journals, community helpers, me on the map, rocks & minerals, the water cycle, insects, life cycle of plants and animals, butterflies, shapes, graphing, adding and subtracting!
Kindergarten is always exciting and lots of fun!
ENOY THE PICS!
AUGUST 19, 2015 -- WELCOME TO THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!
 



















 
We had Mr. Riehl (our Art Teacher) visit our classroom a few times the first week to read a few of his favorite picture books!
 
 
We discussed how we would get to First Grade by reading the book Things That Go!
We designed our class bulletin board by choosing which mode of transportation is how we learn!


 
 
Playground FUN ... Choosing sides for a quick football game!
 Playing FRISBEE with the GIANT soft Frisbees!
 
Our Kindergarten classes participate in a partnership with the Crow Museum of Asian Art
The program is called Lotus Learners / Artful Thinking
The children will learn yoga and critical thinking through looking at pieces of artwork during the year.  On Friday, August 21, the Kindergarten Team and Mr. Riehl travelled to the Crow Museum for training. It was an adventure! We took the DART Train! We learned some very cool things and can't wait to share the Artful Thinking method with the children!

 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment